Subject: [humanmarkup-comment] Good Stress, Bad Stress and Deadlines

Hi Everyone,

Like a lot of people I ran smack into post traumatic stress syndrome
yesterday and last night. While not as bad as the families and
friends of the victims of last year's attack, it was layered on top
of several other kinds of stress, some good and some bad. It resulted
in a very disorienting asthma attack last night. Fortunately, it was
not serious enough to require a visit to the local ER, and for that I
am grateful, but it is a signal of sorts that I think it best to pay
attention to. This was the first clearly stress-related asthma attack
I've ever had since I developed this baffling malady only a few years
ago.

The reason I am writing this is because I now doubt that I will be
able to push the work of finishing our first draft of the Primary
Base Schema by the end of this month. That doesn't mean I won't try.
I just won't drive myself the way I usually do. So I am going to
attempt to diffuse the bad kind of self-imposed stress by not keeping
an artificial stressor in place. And to do that I am actually going
to take today off, sort of. This is not comforting, since it means
that I will wait until tomorrow to introduce another element for
discussion. We now stand at having discussed to a greater or lesser
degree 13 of the 21 elements in the straw man schema. That's more
than half, though only one more than half when we add the four new
elements and only half if we add the one new global attribute group
element. I would still hope to hear from Len on the discussions we
had over last weekend on intent/intention and humlCommIdentifierAtts.

I thought I would post this assessment of our progress to let you
make your own assessments. I will put the issue of when we want to
wrap this effort on the agenda for next Wednesday's monthly TC
meeting.

Starbourne Communications Design
1361-A Addison, Berkeley, CA 94702 *510-849-2309