Subject: [humanmarkup-comment] Base Schema addition - perception/Heads Up

Title: Base Schema addition - perception/Heads Up
Hi Everyone,

After much hmmning and ahhing  and waiting until exactly before the first of the strictly semiotic elements in the Primary Base Schema, I've decided to ask that the element "perception" be added to the list of new elements for consideration with regard to inclusion in the Primary Base Schema.

I will give a preliminary description/definition momentarily, but first I want to say that I decided on this based on the perception on my part that we seem not to have any arguments against proceeding on to a largely derivative and enumerative Secondary Base Schema as the next fundamental task in addition to the semiotic experiment and one other somewhat experimental task, for which I will be passing along a notification  hopefully by the end of today. That other task will be a formal request for use-cases in which an RDF Schema framework for which locating and citing the operational definitions and empirical, numeric classifications, categorizations and particular conversion factors or mechanisms that can be made for the element "measurement_unit" in the use-case.

I just wanted to alert you all to that, and that it will be delivered to your email in-box either today or tomorrow. On to...

Base Schema: perception

I won't delineate it more than to say that it will certainly be a ComplexType, probably abstract and won't be using other elements nor being used by other elements in the Primary Base Schema.

My personal description/definition is that perception is a mental picture or concept best described for our purposes as an act of cognition based on some set of sensory information inputs best termed observations which result, when processed by a human consciousness, into a comprehensible, subjectively intuitive or empirically objective description of the observed.

If you connect the underlined portions of that complex statement you get the condensed version: an act of cognition based on observations which result in a comprehensible description of the observed.

Beyond that I don't really want to venture now since we will be revisiting it later, provided enough support or lack of dissension backs my nomination of the element for the Primary Base Schema.

Starbourne Communications Design
1361-A Addison, Berkeley, CA 94702 *510-849-2309