Subject: RE: [humanmarkup-comment] Base Schema - signal

While I understand Len's reply, especially since I am about as deeply
immersed in the semiotic literature and the history of the semiotic
schools of thought as it is possible to be right now, I also
understand the points James was making. So what I want to say about
this is that the rest of the world still is not semiotically
literate, and the kind of points James brings up are the kinds of
literate of audience.

This is what I meant when I mentioned that we need to be able sell
HumanMarkup as well as invent it. Now, what I would hope to see is
for both of you to approach this exchange from the other's viewpoint
if that is possible and is not too much to ask, which I would
understand as well.

This would be especially helpful to me, since I am working on
explaining this entire set of elements (the semiotic ones). I think
we would be well advised to deal with this aspect of our work now,
while the trail of possible misunderstandings is fresh.

At 11:16 AM -0500 10/2/02, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
>The term "signal" in this application is constrained
>quite deliberately to a limited definition.  We got
>it from the literature, not the natural language.
>Delving deeply is not warranted.
>
>len

Starbourne Communications Design
1361-A Addison, Berkeley, CA 94702 *510-849-2309