Subject: [humanmarkup-comment] PC1-Inclusions

Hi Everyone,

I am excerpting a message I received the first day of the Public
Comment Period from the chair of the Customer Information Quality TC
(CIQ).

"... It will be useful if you can explicitly state and refer to the
schemas used from other groups/bodies in your specifications document
as a separate section."

To those of you who are familiar with the process we use for
archiving our discussions automatically, you know the drill, and for
those who are not familiar with process: Please reply to this message
if you have comments, discussion, suggestions, etc. If you have
comments, etc that range beyond it, please post those separately with
a subject line of your choice.

This particular issue is one I encountered as I compiled our schema
and I solved it only in the schema itself and did not include any
mention of it in the textual specification documents.

I think it belongs in the Introduction.

I am going to suggest to the appropriate  OASIS
committees/chairs/Technical Advisory Board that a formal method for
inclusions of other standards be adopted.

As it happens the CIQ schema namespaces are included in our schema
for their extensible Name Language (xNL:2.0) and extensible Address
Language (xAL:2.0). There are also other namespaces imported, but
they are commented out for now because their namespace urns/locations
are not finalized. Those are HR-XML and XNS.

Starbourne Communications Design
1361-A Addison, Berkeley, CA 94702 *510-849-2309