Subject: RE: [huml-comment] PC-33 -Section 4.4.6-race

We do have gender as an attributeGroup. As a physicalDescriptor it
might be appropriate to use sex, or else we run into a complication
of using one attributeGroup within another in the schema itself,
which I would rather not do. As for race, I am still noodling, and
gathering research from biometrics and from genetics and coming to
the conclusion that it should probably be qualified as representing
specific uses from existing systems, although we could also use other
standards/namespaces by importing or declaring them. I think that it
should be further refined in the Physical Characteristics Description
sub language and as an enumeration of belief in the part of the
Secondary Base Schema that is not specific to one of our
subcommittees.