Subject: Re: [huml-comment] Interoperable Language Standard (ILS)

Rex Brooks wrote:
> Here is another such resource.

Accessibility is only one aspect of ILS. Quoting the ILS overview:

[[[
Overview

The problem: Ambiguous use of language creates problems with
translation, misunderstandings and accessibility for cognitive
disabilities.Translation to symbolic languages for cognitive
disabilities can not be automated. A controlled language restricts
author's ability to stylize and express them-selves.

Proposal: A standard for marking up typical electronic textual content,
and referencing textual content, so that it's meaning becomes
unambiguous, translatable and machine-readable.
]]]

What interests me is their proposed direction of XML/RDF to solve
(essentially) miscommunication issues for business.

Manos