Subject: [huml] Followup on teleconference (CIDOC CRM info; Native DancerCollaboration)

to TC:  (per today's teleconference discussion with Ranjeeth, Rex, Rob, and Sylvia):
2 items; CIDOC CRM and Native Dancer
Item 1:
CIDOC-CRM paper
The CIDOC Conceptual Reference Model (CRM) web site is at: http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr/
The CIDOC Conceptual Reference Model (CRM) Symposium web page is at whatsnew.html
The abstract for the HuML paper is currently located at http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr/symposiun_abstracts/list_of_abstracts.htm#land
Sylvia and I are currently listed as presenters and authors. I will contact Martin Doerr and See about getting rest of TC listed on web site as co-authors.
here is the paper title, as it appears in the program :

Human Markup Language  (huml):  Humanness Content and Sharing across Perspective Shifts

James Landrum, Digital Archive Network for Anthropology, S. Candelaria de Ram

We (me) are scheduled to make the paper presentation on Thursday, March 27, 2003, between 10:10 AM  and 10:45 AM, which is a nice 35 minute venue.

I do not find on the CIDOC CRM web site a deadline for paper submission,  or determine if there will be a peer-reviewed hard copy publication.  I will contact Martin Doerr and confirm those things and let TC know details soon as I receive them.  The CFP does indicate the following:
All contributions will be Web-published on the CIDOC CRM Web-site: http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr.
For those who have not seen the CFP, it is downloadable at bottom of  following web page: http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr/whatsnew.html

Item 2:  Collaboration between Human Markup Language TC, HumanMarkup.Org, and the Archaeology Technologies Laboratory (ATL), North Dakota State University (NDSU) on the Native Dancer project.
Brief background for TC:  We anticipate that the Native Dancer project is an exemplary use case for HuML. I have discussed with the Native Dancer Principal Investigator  Dr. Jeffrey T. Clark, Director of the ATL, and Aaron Bergstrom,  ATL Computer Visualization Manager (Aaron is the creator of the Native Dancer concept), the potential for collaboration between ATL and HuML TC and HumanMarkup.Org, and we are in agreement that we should incorporate HuML in the Native Dancer project.
 Per previous discussions between Rob Nixon, and the ATL team,  and further discussion during the TC teleconference today, and later telephone chat between Rob Nixon, Aaron Bergstrom and myself (with further teleconference  with Rex Brooks to occur later today-hopefully),   We are drafting a short statement about HuML and Native Dancer project collaboration and the role/application of HuML in Native Dancer, that we will include in a proposal to NIH for funding of Native Dancer project.  If possible, between now and CIDOC paper presentation, (March 27th), we may fix up one of the Native Dancer animations for inclusion in the presentation.
More details on Native Dancer can be found at the Native Dancer Web Site, located at  http://nativedancer.ndsu.edu
--
From the Desk of James E. Landrum III
Database Manager