Subject: Minutes Delayed

Hi Everyone,

There were a couple of things which have delayed me in writing up the
minutes for our meeting last week.

First and ugliest is the chronic tendinitis in my left hand, which
has flared up. Without going into my long history of hand problems,
(inlcuding carpal tunnel release surgery in both hands) lets just say
it is painful and actually more painful during therapy, which I am
undergoing at the moment.

Second, I got rather single minded about getting the new OWL-Protege
toolset to work properly, for which there is some good news in that I
finally succeeded and this should make recasting our primary base
schema into an enumeration-less, abstract category only form, both
easier and also consistent with both an upper level ontology and an
RDF Schema that is entirely self-consistent, or as close to that as I
can make it.

This will also apply for the sample app I'm working on, and will make
it somewhat easier to construct and to correct when the secondary
base schema set gets done. What this will do is to give us both a
sample implementation of the primary base and a sample of how
application areas should inform us in regard to constructing our
secondaries, all of which will be done in a consistent development
methodology using the overall combined XML/RDF/OWL basis of HumanML.
Please understand if I do not explain this more fully, but I think it
may be wise if I construct a legal arrangement by which this app can
be used to fund our non-profit, or at least contribute to that, so
that we can more easily continue our effort.

I will attempt to get the minutes done by the end of this weekend.