Subject: Re: [id-cloud] Architecture for ID-Cloud

Hi Colin,
I think that should be possible.

From architectural perspective, I feel that the cloud landscape is large and disparate. So rather than prescribe one monolithic generic reference architecture for Cloud IDM, it may be suitable for the TC to stick to the charter and view the end goal to be profiles for collected use cases.

Now if each of us sends their use cases, I am reasonably confident that we can cover all facets of cloud IDM. To be honest, the last few months have been eye openers for me. Collating the use cases and extracting topics out of them such as Virtualization Security, Auditing, Provisioning/Account Management/Attribute management, Security Token Transformation etc will give us a better shot at actually solving the problems (or recognize the problems).

As part of the profiles, we may have to draw diagrams or generic reference architectures (targeted for that profile) to highlight/elaborate the profile. Thomas's Kerberos submission and Martin's SAP submission have diagrams.

This is what I had in mind when I said profiles may be synonymous with architectures.

As and when we identify gaps, we may inch toward one ore more reference architectures. But these may be side effects of our discussion but not direct artifacts of the TC.

At this time, I request members to accelerate their use case submission so that we have enough discussion material for the coming months. I am sure in few weeks we will have parallel processing of use cases, gaps and profiles.

Regards,
Anil