Subject: Only an FYI

Hi! This was sent through the NIST Security list originally (with the attachment) and then this additional information was added in the note below (from David Bernstein) .I am sending it to id-cloud merely due to the stated ‘special focus on Identity and Trust” in David’s note.

Best regards,

Michele

Michele Drgon

www.dataprobity.com

+1 772 678 2777

@micheledrgon

Note: New LinkedIn: cloudjurisdiction

From: cc_security@nist.gov [mailto:cc_security@nist.gov] On Behalf Of David Bernstein
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 11:28 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: RE: Rebooting the NIST Cloud Computing Security Working Group

Greetings Colleagues

I am one of the authors of this paper. Actually we have published a series of papers on the subject of Cloud to Cloud interoperability, along with special focus in the Identity and Trust issues that go along with that problem. These take one possible approach for addressing these challenges, perhaps the thoughts are useful to the NIST discussions, we hope so.

Specific to Intercloud and for further details, I might point the team to the series of papers on this subject

·                     D. Bernstein, S. Diamond, K, Shankar, E. Ludvigson, M. Morrow, “Blueprint for the Intercloud – Protocols and Formats for Cloud Computing Interoperability”, 4th International Conference on Internet and Web Application Services – IARIA/IEEE ICIW09, Venice, Italy; May 2009

·                     D. Bernstein, D Vij, “Using Semantic Web Ontology in Intercloud Directories and Exchanges”, ICOMP'10 - The 2010 International Conference on Internet Computing, Las Vegas, NV, USA, July 2010

·                     D. Bernstein, D. Vij, “Intercloud Directory and Exchange Protocol Detail using XMPP and RDF”, 1st Workshop on Cloud-based Services and Applications (CBSA/IEEE 2010), Miami Florida, USA, July 2010

·                     D. Bernstein, D. Vij, “Simple Storage Replication Protocol (SSRP) for Intercloud”, The Second International Conference on Emerging Network Intelligence – IEEE/IARIA EMERGING 2010, Florence, Italy, October 2010

·                     D. Bernstein, D. Vij, “Intercloud Security Considerations”, The Second International Conference on Cloud Compouting Technology and Science – IEEE CloudCom 2010, Indianapolis, Indiana, December 2010

·                     D. Bernstein, D. Vij, S. Diamond, “An Intercloud Cloud Computing Economy - Technology, Governance, and Market Blueprints”, IEEE Service Research and Innovation Global Conference – SRII 2011, San Jose, California, March 2010

There have been many other good papers published on the subject and these are some specific workshops in this area as well (see below). Those researchers have gotten together in the whole area of cloud-to-cloud interoperability to work together towards a formalization of a set of protocols (like those published above) in a formalized standards working group in the “IEEE P2302™  Draft Standard for Intercloud Interoperability and Federation”. The working group is just forming, it is open to participation by all interested researchers, please see below where you can register your interest in participating:

http://standards.ieee.org/news/2011/cloud.html

http://standards.ieee.org/develop/wg/ICWG-2302_WG.html

Respectfully,

David Bernstein

david.bernstein@ieee.org

Chairman, IEEE P2301, Guide for Cloud Portability and Interoperability Profiles

Chairman, IEEE P2302, Standard for Intercloud Interoperability and Federation

Co-Chair, IEEE/ACM First International Workshop on Intercloud Federation and Convergence, Cloud and Grid (InterCloudGrid 2011), Newport Beach, May 2011

Co-Chair, IEEE Second International Workshop on Cloud Computing Interoperability and Services (InterCloud 2011), Istanbul, July 2011

Technical Program Committee, IARIA Sixth International Conference on Systems and Networks Communications (ICSNC 2011), Barcelona, October 2011

Co-Chair, IEEE/ACM Fourth International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC 2011), Melbourne, December 2011