Subject: RE: [id-cloud] Consolidated Second F2F Meeting Minutes

Thank you Anil for such a great job leading through all of the use cases -
and Dominique for the hosting. Roger and others who kept us connected, many
thanks to you!

Best regards,
Michele

-----Original Message-----
From: Anil Saldhana [mailto:Anil.Saldhana@redhat.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2011 10:36 PM
To: id-cloud

Thanks to all the members who scribed the minutes.

===========
Meeting started after 9:00 with introductions around the table and people
on the phone.

Recapped the project charter:
Stage 1: Drafting of the use cases
Stage 2: Mapping use cases back to standards and conduct a gap analysis
between the use cases and standards
Stage 3: Build profiles

Creating standards based upon the use cases is not part of this group's
charter

Discussion around to what extent and when to build the profiles in
addition did the group want to start the standards mapping. Agreed to
focus on reviewing and correctly classifying the use cases.
==========

OASIS IDCloud TC F2F Meeting
28-29 April 2011, 09:00am PDT, 05:00pm PDT

1. Roll Call and Agenda Review

Name Status
---- ------
Anil Saldhana Member
Anthony Nadalin Member
Brian Marshall Member
Colin Wallis Member
Dale Moberg Member
Darran Rolls Member
David Turner Member
Doron Cohen Member
Dr. David Chadwick Member
Dr. Dominique Nguyen Member
Gershon Janssen Member
Matthew Rutkowski Member
Michele Drgon Member
Peter Brown Member
Siddharth Bajaj Member
Thomas Hardjono Member
Roger Bass Member
Joanne Furtsch Member
Mark Schertler Member

Observers:
Jim Adler

19 people joined the meeting, 10 of 18 voting members present (55%).

This meeting quorates.

Status changes:
Lost voting rights:
Abbie Barbir, Andy Kindred, Dale Olds, Daniel Turissini, Jeffrey Broberg

Gained voting rights:
Brian Marshall, David Turner, Dr. David Chadwick

2. Approval of 4 April 2011 Minutes

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/id-cloud/201104/msg00012.html

Motion to approve on April 4 meeting minutes, proposed by Matt, seconded
Roger, approved by unanimous consent.

3. Use Case Discussion and Normalization

- Discussed classification of use cases by category, deployment model,
and service model. For both category and service
level, we should identify 'primary' and 'secondary'. Deployment
categories: most scenarios apply to all, so we will
not spend much time on this.

- Normalizing 'Actors' was agreed to be valuable - and indeed 'Services'
and 'Systems' as well. We want the output of
this meeting to be published in some form for "public review". Per OASIS
rules, the document would need to have
'Committee Specification' status. It was generally agreed that it makes
sense to create a "Naming" subgroup to
consider normalization of these different terms. It was agreed initially
to keep that informal rather than create a
formal SC. Peter, Gershon, Matt, Doron, Roger volunteered to do that.
Gershon and others will email the full TC list
with any details for the Naming Subgroup.

- Regarding 'Actors' - Peter noted that 'Actors' are different from
'Roles'. SOA reference architecture groups
discussed this extensively (see Peter's email re SOA-RA output). The
subgroup should probably consider those as
separate concepts, leveraging the SOA-RA work as appropriate.

- Initial deliverable of the Naming group is due on May 16th.

- Use cases are clearly at different levels of granularity. It was
agreed that to properly compare use cases, they need
to be decomposed to be at the same level of granularity. It was not
decided when that should happen.

- Use cases to be combined:
- 11 with 31
- 6=12+13

- We need to put forward terms and definitions. Many definitions exist:
we need to agree which ones we will use and
reference within this TC. Tony volunteered to provide this by May 31st.
Excluded: conforming use cases to these terms
and definitions.

- 17: request author to rewrite with reference to Attribute Management
and Audit & Compliance aspects.

- 19: request author to shift to Attribute Management model

- 10/14: subgroup (Matt, Doron, Dale, Roger. + author, Prime Key?)
rewrite to focus as follows:
- 10: signing in the cloud
- 14: delegation/chaining of signing authority

- 12 is a scenario of 20

- Need a use case for token transformation (in 6?). no volunteer yet

- 20,21,22: combine into one use case with separate scenarios

- 23: need to remove step 4 (or separate into a separate scenario/use case)

4. Other Business

* Draft Timeline for ID-Cloud TC work:

* Before May 16:
- Receive more detailed and elaborated use cases as agreed during
face-2-face meeting (action items)

* May 16:
- vote on establishing a Committee Draft version 1
+ use case document as-is at that point in time, including deletions,
modifications, etc.
- normalized names review from sub-group

* May 31:
- Definitions

* July 15:
- Vote on establishing a Committee Draft version 2, including:
+ normalized names
+ definitions
+ decomposition of use cases

* September 1:
- Vote on establishing a Committee Specification version 1
- Vote on putting the Committee Specification version 1 to a 60-day
Public Review

5. Adjourn

- Next meeting: 16 May 2011.

- Use case document with modifications from F2F has been posted to SVN:
http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/id-cloud/?rev=13&sc=
1

- Meeting adjourned.

Discussed classification of use cases by category, deployment model, and
service model. For both category and service level, we should identify
'primary' and 'secondary'. Deployment categories: most scenarios apply to
all, so we will not spend much time on this.

Normalizing 'Actors' was agreed to be valuable - and indeed 'Services' and
'Systems' as well. We want the output of this meeting to be published in
some form for "public review". Per OASIS rules, the document would need to
have 'Committee Specification' status. It was generally agreed that it
makes sense to create a "Naming" subgroup to consider normalization of these
different terms. It was agreed initially to keep that informal rather than
create a formal SC. Peter, Gersshon, Matt, Doron, Roger volunteered to do
that. Gersshon and others will email the full TC list with any details for