ihc message

Subject: FW: 12/23/05 - Message from John D. Halamka MD

FYI . . .

From: Michelle Maas Deane [mailto:mmaasdeane@ANSI.ORG]
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 11:42 AM
To: HITSP@MAILLIST.ANSI.ORG
Subject: 12/23/05 - Message from John D. Halamka MD

Folks:

Happy Holidays!

Thank you for our work together in 2005 and I look forward to our efforts in 2006 to create a successful living ongoing harmonization process.

Here are the updates from this week:

1. Use Cases - Breakthrough-specific workgroups have been formed and have been provided conference call, list serve, and document sharing capabilities.

2.  The presentations from the December 13, 2005 Board Meeting have been distributed and posted to the website (http://www.hitsp.org)

3.   We added a new section to the HITSP website called "HITSP Member Annoucements".   To add content to this new section, simply email it to Michelle Deane at mmaasdeane@ansi.org

4.  We are finalizing the January 17, 2006 AHIC presentation about the standards harmonization process.

5.  Our January 5, 2006 panel meeting logistics have been finalized.  We are meeting at the Sheraton National in Arlington, VA, from 10AM- 5PM.  We are planning to webcast the meeting.    We've already had a tremendous response - within one day of the announcement of the location, 50 attendees registered.  Anyone wanting to register, please email us at hitsp@ansi.org

Have a safe and happy New Year.

See you in January!

John