imi message

Subject: RE: [imi] On the issue list

Let's plan on discussing these issues on the upcoming Monday call.  In particular, while WS-Trust and XMLDSIG are flexible enough to admit the use of algorithms other than RSA (such as elliptic curve), our document mandates the use of the RSA algorithm in numerous places.

While specifying particular algorithms is intended to enhance interoperability among implementations by specifying particular profile parameters, those very choices do exclude other choices.  I'd like to get input from the experts in the TC on these issues.

I'd also be interested in committee member's thoughts on the STORK issues around Affirmative Statements and Information Signing.

                                Thanks,
                                -- Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Herbert Leitold [mailto:Herbert.Leitold@a-sit.at]
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 2:19 PM
To: imi@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [imi] On the issue list

Dear all,

We prepared a note on the three issues I addressed at the first TC meeting. It is explanatory and not yet making a concrete proposal on how to address that (aside section 2.2). Though we have ideas on that.

Kind regards,
  Herbert

Herbert Leitold

A-SIT, Secure Information Technology Center - Austria Inffeldgasse 16a, A-8010 Graz, Austria
Tel.: +43 (316) 873-5521  Fax.: +43 (316) 873-105521 Herbert.Leitold@a-sit.at