imi message

Subject: Editor's draft 5

You should have just received e-mail about editor’s draft 5 having been posted.  This draft contains proposed text documenting the possibility of retrieving metadata with HTTPS GET.  It also contains the first complete drafts of Security Considerations and Conformance sections.  This is my personal best cut at text to address these issues and has not yet been reviewed by others.

This is the first draft that is “complete”.  The one item I did not yet get to in time for our call is generalizing the language around cryptographic algorithms employed in the protocol messages to change REQUIREDs to RECOMMENDEDs (leaving open the possibility of some implementations choosing to use different algorithms in the future).

Talk to you soon!

                                                                -- Mike