imi message

Subject: RE: [imi] Hopefully last change to the IMI spec before producing a Committee Draft

Although according to RFC 2119 RECOMMENDED and SHOULD are supposed to by synonyms, I agree with Tony that in this case RECOMMENDED sounds better.

=Drummond

From: Anthony Nadalin [mailto:drsecure@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 7:21 PM
To: John Bradley
Cc: imi@lists.oasis-open.org; Michael McIntosh; Mike Jones

I think it should be a RECOMMENDED and not a SHOULD

Inactive hide details for John Bradley ---02/18/2009 09:18:17 PM---Yes, Not disclosed to RPs, Cardholders or anyone else.John Bradley ---02/18/2009 09:18:17 PM---Yes, Not disclosed to RPs, Cardholders or anyone else.

John Bradley <jbradley@mac.com>

Michael McIntosh/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

Anthony Nadalin/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, "imi@lists.oasis-open.org" <imi@lists.oasis-open.org>, Mike Jones <Michael.Jones@microsoft.com>

02/18/2009 09:18 PM

Re: [imi] Hopefully last change to the IMI spec before producing a Committee Draft

Yes, Not disclosed to RPs, Cardholders or anyone else.

The question is how much detail we need in the spec itself for a SHOULD.

As long as the spec is clear I am OK with the long form of the explanation of this being in the accompanying document.

John B.

On 18-Feb-09, at 11:07 PM, Michael McIntosh wrote:

John Bradley <jbradley@mac.com> wrote on 02/18/2009 08:51:08 PM:

> The important points are that it is card specific entropy stored by
> the IdP and never disclosed to RPs in any way.

Actually, this entropy needs to be treated as a secret and it should be [pseudo]random. The danger is not from RPs but from other cardholders from the same IdP.

Regards,
Mike