imi message

Subject: RE: [imi] RE: Proposed claim encoding profile for SAML 1.1 tokens

Hi Mike,

Can you let us know what the Higgins code does for SAML 1.1. token encoding of claim types?

                                                                Thanks,

                                                                -- Mike

From: Mike Jones
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 3:57 PM
To: John Bradley; Anthony Nadalin; Michael McIntosh
Cc: imi@lists.oasis-open.org

I completed the investigation about the behavior Microsoft’s claims implementations using SAML 1.1 tokens.  For WCF, WIF, and AD FS 2.0, as they exist today, only claim types that are URLs that do not end with a “/”, but do contain a “/” that is not the last character of the URL, will work.  Other claim types  will be rejected.  This is not likely to change in our upcoming release.

http://foo.com/bar will work.

http://foo.com/bar/ will be rejected.

urn:mace:dir:attribute-def:givenName will be rejected.

http://bar would probably work, but is such a chronically bad idea that I don’t even want to think about going there.

Mike (McIntosh), are there similar restrictions in the Higgins code?  What’s your view on the correct way to encode non-URL-valued claim types?

                                                                -- Mike