imi message

Subject: Question regarding encryption

Hi all,

I've a question regarding encryption and privacy. Maybe this has been already discussed and I missed it.

A security token issued by an IdP is - if the IdP knows the certificate of the RP - encrypted with the RP's public key.

But if for some reasons the user doesn't want that the IdP knows the RP but still wants encryption this cannot be done.
Is it possible to encrypt the token with a public key belonging to the user (card selector)? The user then decrypts the
token, verifies it, and then encrypts it again with the RP's public key.

kind regards,

Mario

--

DI Mario Ivkovic
A-SIT, Secure Information Technology Center - Austria