imi message

Subject: Re: Fixing incorrect links in IMI SAML profile documents

Hi Mike,

  We (TC Admin) automatically update CDs upon successful completion of a CS ballot to CS status. We do it for a number of reasons: first, it's quicker for all involved, and second, it ensures that links are properly updated and that nothing other than what is allowed to be updated is changed.

  Thank you for picking up on the RDDL errors! I will swap those files out. In the actual specs, however, you can't update those references since you didn't include a designated cross reference as part of the motion to approve as CS. The TC Process is very specific about exactly what can be changed upon approval at any level:

"Any change made to a specification requires a new version or revision number, except for changes made to (a) the approval status, (b) the date, (c) the URIs of the specification as appropriate, (d) the running header/footer, and (e) any approved Designated Cross-Reference Changes, all of which must be made after the approval of the specification as a Committee Draft, Committee Specification, or OASIS Standard."

If you want the cross-references to match, you can request new ballots to be run, this time including a designated cross-reference motion for each. If the TC is interested in doing that and would like further assistance crafting the actual motion text, just let me know. Or, if the specs will be submitted for OS ballot, the cross-reference motion could be included at that time so the resulting OSs would match.

Thanks!

Mary