Subject: KMIP over HTTPS

I wanted to raise three discussion points regarding the spec to get the
group's feedback before making any formal proposals.  There are two
emails following this one on different subjects.

It is specified that an HTTPS authentication profile is supported, but
the KMIP encoding within HTTPS is not specified.  A request method, URL
and HTTP version are required for HTTP communication, and I think the
specification or user guide should give guidance on acceptable or
recommended values for these fields.  Additionally, we may want to
define legal values for headers like Content-Type, Content-Encoding,
Content-Length, Keep-Alive, etc.

For example, XML-RPC is a messaging protocol on top of HTTP, and its
specification (http://www.xmlrpc.com/spec) lists various requirements
for HTTP elements.

-Alan Frindell
SafeNet, Inc.