Subject: comments on KMIP draft

Hello,
  These may have already been taken care of, but passing them on to reflector for discussion.
Larry H

Potentially normative changes - may need further specification - Do not know what, if anything, to do. Potential interop issues?
4.6 Certify request. Does not say if an error shall be returned if not supported.
4.7 Re-certify.  Same, does not say if an error shall be returned if not supported.
4.8 Locate - I didn't see where it says what to do if NO matches are found. Should say a response with no objects is expected in this case.
4.23 Validate.  Might be able to reword to say "Server MAY or MAY NOT return a response."  (It doesn't say what the required behavior is. )
6.1 Protocol Version - Potential for rathole is great. Not clear what behavior is if version issues are detected.... I don't see any Result Reason related to mismatches called out either. Perhaps it is a silent disconnect?
9 Message Encoding - Says "To support different transport protocols and different client capabilities, a number of message-encoding mechanisms are supported. "  I do not know if this means all message-encoding mechanisms must be implemented by servers and any may be used by clients.