Subject: Profile-specific KMIP use cases for interoperability testing and Statementof Use

All,

With the definition of the symmetric key profiles and conformance statements, there has been talk of having use cases to test the functionality specifically required by these. I have put together a first strawperson proposal for use cases targeting the symmetric key store profile, primarily as a base to start discussions from. We have been touching the issue of profile-specific use cases on the KMIP POC calls lately, and the general consensus has been that they would also be helpful wrt. the Statements of Use.

Note: These use cases include the Transparent Key Format of Symmetric Keys, which was voted to be removed from the profiles at the f2f but are still included in the most recent profiles document.

Best Regards,
Mathias

strawperson_for_usecases_based_on_profiles-v1.doc