Subject: proposal for discussion of KMIP and Quantum Key Distribution

hi -

as I mentioned in our last KMIP TC concall, we have been invited by ISG-QKD to join them in a discussion of Quantum Key Distribution use cases and the potential applicability of KMIP to QKD. ISG-QKD is now in the approval phase for the use cases document, which will end May 26. Afterwards there should be no objection against making it available to us. We could then, maybe in early June, organize a phone conference for discussing possibilities and decide about next steps, and possibly a face-to-face meeting.

Meanwhile, KMIP members have also been invited to the International Scenario Workshop in Vienna in June. Please see the invitation below from Thomas Laenger.

regards,

From Thomas L.:

In the framework of the ETSI Industry Specification Group on Quantum Key Distribution (ETSI ISG-QKD) we have developed six use cases for QKD application. The use cases provide an overview of possible application scenarios in which Quantum Key Distribution systems can be used as building blocks for high security Information and Communication Technology (ICT) systems.

We want to discuss and assess the validity of the proposed use cases at an International Scenario Workshop with prospective users, system integrators, policy makers, QKD system developers and producers from Europe and beyond.

We would be glad if you could support us with your expertise and want to invite you for the

International Scenario Workshop “Use Cases for QKD Application”
June 22, 2010, Austrian Institute of Technology – AIT
Donau-City-Strasse 1, 1220 Vienna,
TechGate, Sky Lobby 7th floor

The workshop agenda is attached. Please give us notice on whether you will attend the workshop by sending an email to thomas.laenger /at/ ait.ac.at until May 25, 2010. For people coming from Europe outside Austria we can provide an allowance of 500€ (1000€ for outside Europe)

Best Regards and hopefully see you soon in Vienna

Thomas

THOMAS LÄNGER
Deputy Head Quantum Technologies
Safety & Security Department
Quantum Technologies

AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
Donau-City-Straße 1  |  1220 Vienna  |  Austria
T +43(0) 50550-4162  |  M +43(0) 664 825 11 29  |  F +43(0) 50550-4190
thomas.laenger@ait.ac.at  |  http://www.ait.ac.at

FN: 115980 i HG Wien  |  UID: ATU14703506
This email and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return e-mail or by telephone and delete this message from your system and any printout thereof. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, or dissemination of this message is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication, nor shall it be liable for any delay in its receipt.

QKD_Scenario_WS_Vienna_22_6_2010_Agenda_02.pdf