Subject: RE: [kmip] draft Statement of Use from RSA/EMC

hi Mary -

the intent is that the Statements of Use attest:

1) that the profiles as defined in the normative KMIP Profiles document
have been implemented
2) that the implementations are in conformance with the protocol as
defined in the normative KMIP Specification document
3) that the implementations follow the non-normative guidance in other
KMIP documents, particular the KMIP Use Cases document

Do we need to revise the language to make these assertions clearer? If
so, please suggest alternative language. I assume we particularly want
to be clear that the Statements of Use apply not just to the KMIP
Profiles document, but also to the KMIP Specification document -- this
was certainly the intent of the footnotes.

thanks -

From: Mary McRae [mailto:mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2010 11:39 AM
To: Griffin, Robert
Cc: kmip@lists.oasis-open.org

So do I understand correctly that this statement of use is only against
document #2?

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Director, Standards Development
Technical Committee Administrator
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web: www.oasis-open.org
twitter: @fiberartisan  #oasisopen
phone: 1.603.232.9090

Standards are like parachutes: they work best when they're open.

---------