Subject: Re: status of requests to initiate KMIP ballot for requesting submission of KMIP to OASIS membership?

The ballots to submit KMIP v1.0 and KMIP Profiles v1.0 to the OASIS membership for OS approval are now running. Note that the first possible date for formal submission will be 15 July; however that would mean the actual ballots would run from August 16 - 31. It's completely up to the TC, but my recommendation would be to avoid that time period since so many people are on vacation/holiday. Instead, the TC may request that the ballots run in September (as long as the formal submission is made on or before 15 August). It is for this reason that I put an expected completion date of October 31 in the ballots; if they are approved sooner the references will be dated accordingly.

Regards,

Mary