Subject: KMIP .::. Asymmetric Key Pair and Operations.

Hi All,

With respect to the existing Specifications, I was not clear on how asymmetric key pair is affected with the following operations.

[1] Activate

[2] Revoke

[3] Archive

[4] Recover

[5] Destroy

Considering the scenario shown below,

We have an Asymmetric key pair, where Private Key and Public Key are linked using the link attribute. Also a certificate is linked to the Public key.

Now, when Activate or Revoke or Archive or Recover or Destroy operation is performed on Private Key,

What will be the action on the linked objects like, here in this scenario Public Key and the certificate which is linked to the Public Key?

To be clear, If Private Key is activated, its Public key is also activated by default.

Also, if Private Key is revoked, its Public key is also revoked by default and the Certificate object is also revoked, since it is linked to the Public key.

Please help in understand this.

Thanks in Advance,

Best Regards,

Trinath Somanchi,