Subject: Process for KMIP V1.1 Errata

Hi –

Chet provided Subhash and me with some additional information on the process for the KMIP V1.1 Errata, for review in our call this week:

The way it works is this: you prepare the errata list document and optionally (though I strongly recommend it) a copy of the OS with the errata applied. You then pass a motion by Full Majority vote to confirm that the changes are do not constitute Substantive Changes and approve it as a Committee Spec Draft and to submit it to 15 day public review. After the public review (assuming you don't make any changes) you pass a motion by Full Majority vote to approve it as an Approved Errata. Then we'll publish it.

I’ve collected all the errata that I know of (Elaine, JohnL, judy (2 messages, Kiran and Patrick D (public review)). I’ll send around links to these sources when I send out the first draft; meanwhile, if anyone knows of other typos etc, please let me know!