Subject: Re: [kmip] More on Clarification of Cryptographic Parameters - Usage Guide

On 26/07/2013 3:06 PM, John Leiseboer wrote:

> insufficient rigour

How many changes did you make to the crypto services profile in the last few weeks? Two new drafts, and a couple of dozen or more editing changes, maybe?

I incorporated your suggested expansion of the test cases - which were good ideas - and updated the wording where it was unclear in a couple of places about what the test case IDs indicated and generally incorporated all of your suggestions - and if the number of updates to test cases is the metric that you'd like to use for indicating rigour then that would tend to encourage authors and editors to not accept changes - which I don't think is what you are intending to suggest.

Those updates went out at a rapid rate because we had interop work under way and those updates impacted the testing being done - adding new tests. The interop group as a whole agreed to incorporate the late changes in that round of testing as we wanted to ensure that all feedback even that which came in very late was incorporated.

Characterising folks who don't vote as implicitly supporting the negative position defies logic.

Tim.