legalcitem-legislation message

Subject: Italian Constitution

The Italian Constitution is really recent.
It was delivered on  27 December 1947.
It was published in the Official Gazette GU n.298, 27-12-1947.
It entered in force at 1/1/1948.
http://www.quirinale.it/qrnw/statico/costituzione/costituzione.htm (original publication 1947)

During the life of the Italian Constitution we had 18 acts of modifications (from 1958 to 2012).
http://www.normattiva.it/do/atto/vediAggiornamentiAllAtto;jsessionid=ZrCkEVJSnzEL7lkhmXrudA__.sgc2-prd-guri?atto.dataPubblicazioneGazzetta=1947-12-27&atto.codiceRedazionale=047U0001&currentSearch=ricerca_avanzata_aggiornamenti

There isn't an official version legal bining consolidated, only an "informative" source in the following authorial web sites:
http://www.quirinale.it/qrnw/statico/costituzione/pdf/costituzione.pdf (consolidated with the modifications)
http://www.normattiva.it/uri-res/N2Ls?urn:nir:stato:costituzione

One of the important modification is an "errata corrige" published in Official Gazzett, GU n.2 del 3-1-1948.
The "Errata Corrige" in Italy has retroactive effect, so this modification is considered existing since the beginning, since when the constitution was born on 27-12-1947.
http://www.normattiva.it/atto/caricaDettaglioAtto?atto.dataPubblicazioneGazzetta=1948-01-03&atto.codiceRedazionale=048A0001&atto.articolo.numero=1&atto.articolo.tipoArticolo=0

The modification is  in the art. 107, line 3rd. Here the original text in Italian:
"Nella  Costituzione  della  Repubblica  Italiana, pubblicata nella
edizione  straordinaria  della Gazzetta Ufficiale n. 298 di sabato 27
dicembre  1947, all'art. 107, linea 3a, ove per errore tipografico e'
detto:  "...  sedi  o  funzionari ...", ecc..., si deve leggere: "...
sedi o funzioni ...",

This use case arises two problems:
a) the IRI of the resource of the constitution after the errata corrige.
How we should "call" this new version of the constitution?
In URN:LEX we have a particular specification for that.
So we have:
  • original URI - urn:nir:stato:costituzione:1947-12-27
  • URI of the new version after the errrata corrige - urn:nir:stato:costituzione:1947-12-27@1948-01-03erratacorrige
In Akoma Ntoso the IRI is:
  • original URI - /akn/it/act/constitution/1947-12-27/ita@
  • URI of the new version after the errrata corrige - /akn/it/act/constitution/1947-12-27/ita@1947-12-27!erratacorrige

The difference between the two annotation is fundamental: in URN:LEX usually we put the date of publication of the errata corrige.
In Akoma Ntoso we include the date of efficacy of the modification, the date when the new version starts, even if it is retroactive.

b) there is another problem with the citation "all'art. 107, linea 3a" in English "in the art. 197, 3rd line".
This citation is a positional citation, not a logic/normative citation, following the paper hard copy metaphor.
This is quite frequent in the "errata corrige", nowadays, considering that this errors are classified, legally speaking, typos.

--
Associate professor of Legal Informatics