legalcitem-legislation message

Subject: RE: [legalcitem-legislation] Technical Committee

Sounds great. Thanks, Monica.

-----Original Message-----
From: legalcitem-legislation@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:legalcitem-legislation@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of monica.palmirani
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2014 4:05 PM
To: legalcitem-legislation@lists.oasis-open.org

Dear Melanie,

we decided in the last meeting to take the neutral document of wiki and to include the suggestions coming from John's document. The John document is a vision from ELI that is one of the important standard used in Europe (in this moment only by UK and FR). We need to produce a bottom-based document that is able to resume all the points of view and other visions, in order to provide a large scenario of the required functionalities.

We have similar documents from Akoma Ntoso (see this one that is already in the OASIS repository

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/legaldocml/201409/msg00007/Akoma_Ntoso_Naming_Convention_Version-2014-07-30-wd13.doc

(I am officially include this document in the basic material of this LegalCiteM-legislation subcommittee as input coming from LegalDocML TC)

or from URN:lex, both based on FRBR (Fabio and I were the main authors of the vision of FRBR in legal domain, see our work in Metalex/CEN and our papers). Our idea is to not impose ONE standard vision, but to integrate all the existing ones.

I am really convinced that our goal as sub-committee is to merge different visions in neutral matter for converging on a unique technical requirement list.

I am working in this direction as decided in the last meeting and I have already started. It is expected to have a document tomorrow.

Yours,
Monica

--
Associate professor of Legal Informatics School of Law Alma Mater Studiorum Università di Bologna C.I.R.S.F.I.D. http://www.cirsfid.unibo.it/ Palazzo Dal Monte Gaudenzi - Via Galliera, 3 I - 40121 BOLOGNA (ITALY) Tel +39 051 277217 Fax +39 051 260782 E-mail  monica.palmirani@unibo.it ====================================