legalcitem message

Subject: Today's discussion

All,

Thank you for calling in for a good discussion this morning. I’ve pasted the minutes below, and I will presently post them to our group site.

If John J agrees, perhaps we can schedule the courts and legislative SCs for 10 minutes each at the next meeting to discuss a use case example with the full group. The SCs would need to designate one person to do the 10 minutes presentation, and they would have to share the use case with the full group ahead of the meeting. Everyone would need to take a few minutes to review the use case ahead of the meeting.

Melanie

LegalCiteM TC

Date: April 15, 2015

Time: 10:00 a.m. EDT

In attendance: Bennett, Dann, Frug, Gheen, Hirsch, Knapp, Neuren, Niedringhaus, Palmirani, Parisse, Vergottini

1. Subcommittee updates

·         Courts SC: (Ken) Reviewing use case document; aiming to finalize next week; posted on Courts kavi page (Mar 17, 2015).

·         Secondary SC: (Daniel) A lull in meetings and progress.

·         Legislative SC: (Monica) Will convene her SC next week to review the use case document and finalize to share with the group.

·         Executive SC: (Kris/Ken) has not met.

·         Technical SC: no one on the line to update.

Melanie strongly urged the subcommittees to have use case documents available to share with the whole committee by the May 6 meeting.

2. Transparency Conference.  April 29, 2015, from 9 to 4. Daniel Bennett will be talking about a project for Committee on House Administration. Grant will be attending and talking about something TBD. Sara Frug will be attending. These three will try to meet up around lunch time.

3. Budget: Our budget request was only partially filled. We are budgeted $0 for face to face meetings. We are $2500 for technical and quality review of our documents.

4. Open member discussion.

·         Daniel Bennett recommends presentation to fill out the meetings. E.g., use cases or anything else relevant to the mission. John Dann agrees that we should be sharing subcommittee work in the main TC.

·         Shall we schedule someone to present at the May 6 meeting? Or two – one from courts, one from Legislative for 10 minutes each?

Adjourned at 10:24 a.m.

Next meeting: Wednesday, May 6 at 10:00 EST

Minutes submitted by Melanie Knapp.

Melanie Knapp

Head of Reference and Instructional Services

George Mason University Law Library

3301 Fairfax Drive, MSN 1G1

Arlington, VA 22201-4426

Tel: (703) 993-8111