legalruleml message

Subject: Re: [legalruleml] [XML] source example

Tara,
many thanks for your example.

Neverhteless I appreciate very much if you start from 2.8isomorphism.001
document.
It includes the example mentioned and a more complete scenario (N:M
association) that is the add value for LegalRuleML respect pure RuleML.
Legal Rules has properties and they are all inter-connected for
permitting a "legal validation" and a "legal use".
So we need to manage in the same time: temporal aspect (versioning),
multiple textual provisions, type of defeasible rules.

Take also in serious consideration that we (Guido and I) want strongly
separate METADATA on the RULES from the RULES and only occasionally or
incidentally we want to permit "on-place" metadata. This is very
important in the legal domain for permitting digital signature of some
fragment of the XML (metadata and rules separated) for archiving
purpuses or for making the rules legal valid.

So the following annotation is strongly discouraged, even if possible:
<Var>X</Var>
<Ind iri="&ACT20;art5"/>

We prefer to have association between <Atom> and <Source> in metadata
block as specified in my document.
Also @capability="&dfs;defeasible" is a property that is better to
specify in <metadata> block and not in the place because it could be
change over the time.
Finally we decied to use <Metadata> name not <Data> in the last TC
meeting for not confusing the Data tag with the Metadata tag.

mp