legalruleml message

Subject: Re: [legalruleml] [Repository for the examples]

Monica, would you like me to have an svn repository added for legaldoc?

/chet

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 5:58 AM, Tara Athan <taraathan@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to propose a repository structure as follows:
>
> (following
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/doc/user/svn-best-practices.html)
>
> 1. it is conventional to have a top level of
> lrm
>   |_branches
>   |_tags
>   |_trunk
>   where
> "trunk, meaning the directory under which the main project development
> occurs; branches, which is a directory in which to create various named
> branches of the main development line; tags, which is a directory of
> branches that are created, and perhaps destroyed, but never changed."
>
> 2. under "trunk" (and consequently under each branch or tag) I propose
> lrm
>   |_examples
>     |_draft
>     |_approved
>     |_sources
>   |_schemas
>     |_relaxng
>       |_modules
>     |_xsd
>       |_modules
>     |_schematron
>       |_modules
>  |_xslt
>
> I suggest having separate directories for draft and approved examples so
> that we can develop, and keep a record of, alternate syntax proposals.
> However, the schemas will only be required to validate the examples in the
> "approved" directory.
>
> I also suggest that source examples (in xml, pdf, jpg, doc, etc) be kept in
> a parallel directory "sources", and that each of the directories draft,
> approved, sources, have a flat structure (no subdirectories).
>
> One reason is that it makes it easier for me to validate during schema
> development if I can point to the directory "approved" and know that it
> contains only the .lrml examples at the top level. Also, the same source
> could be used by several examples.
>
> Tara
>
> On 7/10/2012 4:42 PM, monica.palmirani wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> as suggested by Harold it is a very good idea to have a versioning
>> system for a library of LegalRuleML XML examples.
>>
>> Please take a look to the following pages where you can find the SVN
>> tool provided by OASIS in order to discuss the issue tomorrow:
>> https://tools.oasis-open.org/
>> https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/
>>
>> Yours,
>> Monica
>>
>> --
>> ===================================
>> Associate professor of Legal Informatics
>> School of Law
>> Alma Mater Studiorum Università di Bologna
>> C.I.R.S.F.I.D. http://www.cirsfid.unibo.it/
>> Palazzo Dal Monte Gaudenzi - Via Galliera, 3
>> I - 40121 BOLOGNA (ITALY)
>> Tel +39 051 277217
>> Fax +39 051 260782
>> E-mail  monica.palmirani@unibo.it
> [...]

/chet
----------------
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393

TC Administration information and support is available at
http://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tcadmin

Follow OASIS on:
LinkedIn:    http://linkd.in/OASISopen
Twitter:        http://twitter.com/OASISopen