Subject: Re: [legalxml-courtfiling] Proposed "person" object

In Salt Lake City, when we discussed the requirements for the Electronic Court Filing 2.0 specification we included not only moving to schema and considering SOAP and ebxml, but also making changes called for by the creation of this object-oriented data dictionary.  So, we have already recognized the
likelihood of making significant changes, and that we will mark those changes by moving to a version 2 (which will not be backwardly compatible with version 1).

And Messing is right that change at this level would have to carry through into Court Document and Q&R and CMS-API.

The question for me is not whether to contemplate a change of this magnitude, but rather whether this would be a change for the better.  Rolly says yes.  Gary says no.  What do others think?