Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] JXDDS Person Object

From my perspective, a more intuitive and meaningful set of subclasses

Rolly Chambers

	-----Original Message-----
	From: John M. Greacen
	Sent: Fri 9/20/2002 4:58 PM
	To: Court Filing List
	Cc: Mark Kindl; John Wandelt
	Subject: [legalxml-courtfiling] JXDDS Person Object

	Dear colleagues:

	I have been in further discussions with Mark Kindl and John
Wandelt at
	GTRI about the person object and possible ways to accommodate
Court
	Filing's need for an element that accommodates persons,
organizations
	and things.

	They have suggested that an actor object could be created which
allowed
	the use of either the person, organization, or property object.
They
	have also
	suggested that this object might be more easily understood and
accepted
	if it were called "party" rather than "actor."

	I attach a PowerPoint diagram of the possible "actor" element
that we
	have been discussing.  I would appreciate getting your comments
on it.

	Can anyone think of another instance -- other than party -- in
which we
	need to be able to accept persons and organizations or persons,
	organizations and things?  It seems to me that witnesses are
invariably
	individuals, even when they are testifying as agents or officers
of an
	organization.  "Party" would seem to work for contracts as well
as for
	court cases.  In sum, what do you think of the idea of "party"
as the
	name of the object instead of "actor?"

	I look forward to your ideas and suggestions.

	Greacen Associates, LLC.
	18 Fairly Road
	Santa Fe, NM  87507
	505-471-0203