Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] Interoperability test requirements for ECF1.1

In Nebraska, criminal cases (and especially traffic) certainly do have
filing fees associated with a filing.  Although some, but not all, may be
waived the fees are recorded and accounted for at filing.  Perhaps Nebraska
is unique in this regard.  The "all inclusive" standard should allow for
filing fees in all cases.

Ron Bowmaster
State of Nebraska

                      David Goodwin -
                      ICJISX                   To:       "'Krause, Catherine'" <Catherine.Krause@METROKC.GOV>,
                      <dagoodwi@mail.ma         'Dallas Powell' <dpowell@tybera.com>,
                      ricopa.gov>               Tom.Clarke@courts.wa.gov, john@greacen.net,
                                                legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org
                      10/18/2002 01:25         cc:
                      PM                       Subject:  RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] Interoperability test
                                                requirements for     ECF 1.1

Criminal cases do not have filing fees.  An electronic filing pilot between
a prosecutor and a court could be a good first step for a court because of
the controlled environment.

David Goodwin
Business Analyst
Maricopa County ICJIS