Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] Resolution of Q& R issue - closes Octo ber23d

Title: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] Resolution of Q& R issue - closes Octo ber 23d

<Catherine Krause>Diane suggested that we conclude this discussion during the November 5th conference call and come to a consensus, which would then be posted to the list per standard procedure.  I support Diane's suggestion. </Catherine Krause>

 I concur with this being a topic for the November 5 conference call meeting.

Is anyone able to find out whether other OASIS technical committees outside of the Legal XML family have faced a similar issue - having one specification and wanting to incorporate an additional functionality into it without damaging backward compatibility vs. making a new specification the "master" and incorporating the elements of the existing one into it? A precedent (success or failure) would be helpful to our deciding how to proceed.

Roger Winters