Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] Interoperability SOW

As it turns out, Dallas, you are right.  King County asked me to report the
following:

"The old and new RFPs are both publicly available through King County
Procurement,
http://www.metrokc.gov/finance/procurement/E_Filing_Project_SuperiorCourt.as
p.  Because we are currently in an active procurement process, we cannot
directly provide the documents in order to protect those members of our TC
that might be interested in bidding.

However, I should state that I do not believe a comparison between the two
will point toward what members of the TC seem to be looking for, which is an
indication of issues with the ECF 1.1 standard's interoperability that
resulted in the lack of implementation success with our prior vendor.  As I
believe I have stated previously in postings to the TC, there were no
problems found during our acceptance testing that were specific to problems
with ECF 1.1.  We were able to successfully use the ECF 1.1 envelope to
transmit documents from our EFSP web site to our EFM.  We did not test
interoperability with any other EFSPs, so while we didn't find problems, we
also did not "prove" that there would not be any interoperability problems
if another EFSP had sent us filings.  Our project was put on hold before we
could make any further progress."