Subject: Cancellation of proposed ballot on OXCI options

Jim Cabral passed on the gist of the TC’s Tuesday discussion to the OXCI project managers.  He also received additional guidance from GTRI on the generation of GJXDM subschemas and validated the Amber Alert subschema posted by GTRI.

Based upon the discussion, and upon the additional information provided by GTRI, OXCI has decided to pursue option 2 without waiting for GTRI to produce a subschema generator – instead developing GJXDM subschemas for OXCI following the guidance provided by GTRI.  Jim Cabral will be developing the proposed subschemas over the course of the next week.

Jim would like to receive other comments on the draft schemas that he previously posted on the Sourceforge website.  He would specifically like to receive further comments on three additional issues:

-                      whether Court Filing Blue should contain a required or specified envelope (an issue discussed during the Tuesday teleconference),

-                      whether his proposal for handling fees is adequate, and

-                      the feasibility of Allen Jensen’s recommended way of dealing with firewall security at the interface between OXCI and the court’s case management information system data base (an issue we did not reach on Tuesday).

I encourage discussion on each of these issues on the TC listserve.  I will make them discussion items for the next teleconference scheduled for next Tuesday.

Because OXCI has decided on the direction it will pursue, there seems to be no point in pursuing a TC ballot on the matter.

HCR 78, Box 23

Regina, New Mexico 87046

505-289-2164

505-289-2163 (fax)