Subject: Seattle for Face-To-Face Meetings - Logistics

Hello,

NOTE: Those attending the meetings at the Best Western Executive Inn, but who are not registered guests at Best Western's Loyal Inn or Executive Inn, may park in the hotel's lot, but they will have to pay for parking. There are other parking lots in the area - please be sure to pay. The area is also well served by buses.

If you are traveling to Seattle and unfamiliar with our city, the rest of this message is meant for you.

The attached Word document provides a map of the downtown Seattle area. I have indicated the location of the Best Western Loyal Inn, where many visitors are staying, and the Best Western Executive Inn, where the meetings will take place, with red dots and lettering. Both are in the vicinity of the Seattle Center, where the Space Needle is located.

Seattle-Tacoma Airport is about 15 miles from downtown Seattle. A cab ride is fairly expensive-over $30. I suggest that people take the Gray Line's "Airport Express," which costs $8.50 one-way between the airport and downtown major hotels. Since the Loyal Inn is probably not one of its stops, you could get off at any other hotel and take a taxi there for just a few dollars. The closest major hotel is probably the Westin (at 5th and Stewart).

These two Best Western hotels have a shuttle service for registered guests. They have told me that, based on your request, they will take you anywhere within the area bounded by "Lower Queen Anne Hill" (just north of the Seattle Center), Interstate 5 to the east, Elliott Bay to the west, and the Stadiums to the south. Since the famous Seattle Monorail has been closed down due to a fire earlier in the year, this may be the easiest way to get into the central downtown area for prime shopping, theaters, restaurants, and such. (The Seattle Mariners will not be playing in Seattle on our meeting dates...some say they have not been playing anywhere all year...)

If you have questions about Seattle or the meetings, please don't hesitate to ask. I hope your visit to "The Emerald City" is a pleasant one, on top of what I expect will be very productive meetings.

Regards,

Roger

Roger Winters

Programs and Projects Manager