Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] Please review 'Proposed Service Models for ECF3'

Title: Please review 'Proposed Service Models for ECF3'

I understand and agree with Dallas's point.  He's key point is that if the court is not going to be willing to be the registration point the community should have a readily available alternative.  It really is a community and priority/political issue.  I can personally live with either solution.

Regretfully, I will not be the do attend tomorrow's conference call as I will be moving my stepdaughter.  This wishes and bring this to closure.

Regards,

Don

Donald L. Bergeron
Systems Designer
LexisNexis
donald.bergeron@lexisnexis.com
O 937-865-1276
H 937-748-2775
M 937-672-7781

From: Dallas Powell [mailto:dpowell@tybera.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 2:01 PM
To: Bergeron, Donald L. (LNG-DAY); 'Cabral, James E.'; Electronic Court Filing Technical Committeee

If we are going to hedge our bet because of time constraints then we should eliminate eService from court filing 2.0 rather than hope to get even one of the models right.  Tybera has already worked on model B because of customer demand, and I think that is valid business reason.

An issue that came to our attention last night as we were continuing to review the eService concerns is regarding relationships in the database.  Court filing 2.0 includes the ability for the submitter to be different than the legal representative that signs the document.  That means the central database must have a relationship between the submitter, the legal rep, and the party represented.  I am concerned that we have not worked through those issues yet.

Also, the concept of a ServiceID really does not function properly because an ID to me refers to a number, and that number may be an entry in a table that contains URL info, communication info, and so forth.  It is not clear to me if the intent of the serviceProfile info is designed to make up the amount of information missing from an ID.

Anyway, the idea that this will be easy and to move forward with one model does not seem correct to me.

Dallas