Subject: Digital evidence

Dear all:

Thank you for allowing me to observe your meeting in Las Vegas. The
Court Filing TC continues to be a leader within LegalXML in innovation
and practical results.

At the meeting, I promised to post to the list a recent decision of the
Bankruptcy Appeals Panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth
Circuit, which deals with requirements for admissibility of digital
evidence from database records. Since these rules could affect judicial
consideration of electronically filed data at some point in the future,
I thought having the opinion available might be helpful to your work.

The official citation is In re Vee Vinhnee, 336 BR 437 (BAP 9th Cir.
2005). The opinion can be accessed online at:
http://www.legalethics.com/include/content/amex012406.pdf

Best wishes for happy holidays to all.

John Messing
Chair, LegalXML Member Section