Subject: RE: [legalxml-courtfiling] CITOC Standards Committee recommendation that ECF 3.0 be approved as a proposed standard

This is indeed great news and a testimony to the perseverance of this team. The team has vision of a better future for all people on the legal community and society and have carried forward with the hard work to get there.

Regards,

Don

Donald L. Bergeron
Systems Designer
LexisNexis
donald.bergeron@lexisnexis.com
O 937-865-1276
H 937-748-2775
M 937-672-7781

From: John M. Greacen [mailto:john@greacen.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 1:16 PM
To: legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org

As you are aware, the COSCA/NACM Joint Technology Committee referred our request to approve the ECF 3.0 specification as a “proposed standard” for purposes of comment and implementation testing to the CITOC Standards Committee.

The CITOC committee has now analyzed our specification “to ascertain whether that standard has reached a maturity level at which applying it in development of an actual court information system is expected to provide meaningful information of its efficacy.”

Within that context, the CITOC Standards Committee has analyzed our specification and recommends to the JTC that it be released for testing.

This Committee recommendation will be reviewed by the full CITOC membership in Tampa in January.

While this process has taken longer than we may have wished, the result is positive and recognizes the hard and effective work of the ECFTC to develop and refine the specification.

HCR 78 Box 23

Regina, New Mexico 87046

505-289-2164

505-289-2163 (fax)