Subject: Re: [legalxml-courtfiling] ECF TC Budget Request

Good work!
Robin

Robin Gibson
Information Technology Division
Office of State Courts Administrator
573-751-4377

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary

             Eric Dimick
             Eastman
             <erice@doxpop.com                                          To
             >                         Ron Bowmaster
                                       <ronb@email.utcourts.gov>, "Harris,
             12/04/2009 03:51          Jim" <jharris@ncsc.org>, "Cabral,
             PM                        James E." <jcabral@mtgmc.com>,
                                       "George W. Knecht"
                                       <george@pcintellect.com>, ECF TC
                                       <legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-o
                                       pen.org>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       [legalxml-courtfiling] ECF TC
                                       Budget Request

Hello all, especially Ron (Chair of TC), Jim and George (LegalXML MS
Steering Committee Members) and Jim (provider of TA),

Here is what I'm planning on presenting to the member section steering
committee on the conference call on Monday, unless people chime in to offer
improvements.

Ron, as the chair of the TC, I have been told that you need to endorse this
before it can be represented as the will of the TC.

[begin budget request]

In 2010 the Electronic Court Filing Technical Committee will work primarily
on outreach, both on the benefits to courts and on technical
feasibility.  To this end the majority of our expenses in will go towards
presenting at conferences, providing direct technical assistance to
implementers and engaging with the online community.

In 2010 there will also be a significant effort to produce and
demonstration/reference implementation for the ECF standard.  While this
the not a TC activity, many of the individuals who actively volunteer time
to the TC activities will be donating that time to the reference
implementation project instead.  We anticipate that we may call upon OASIS
staff to assist with what I'm terming Online Outreach, which in other times
might have been accomplished with volunteer efforts.

I'm unsure at this time whether the contract with MTG, which I believe is
close to final approval, will count against this year's budget or
next's.  I'm anticipating that some of that money will be spent yet this
year, but that the majority ($5,000) will occur in next calendar year.

We have decided not to produce a 4.1 version of the ECF spec to correlate
to with the 2.1 release of the NIEM standard.  It is anticipated that in
2011, we will spend some time and money updating the spec when NEIM 3.0
arrives.

   Funding travel for presenters at conferences $6,000
      NACM
      E-Courts
      National Conference of Appellate Court Clerks
      National Conference of Metropolitan Courts
      National District Attorneys Association
      ABA CourtTech
   Online Outreach $5,000 (possibly on OASIS staff or external contract)
      Produce Webinar for prospective implementors
      Create/reinvigorate online community around ECF standard via
      wiki/forums
   Technical Assistance
      Carried forward from 2009 $5,000
      New in 2010 $6,800
   Total: $22,800 (without TA carry-over amount $17,800)

[end budget request]

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Eastman
erice@doxpop.com
http://www.doxpop.com
765.965.7363  x104
765.962.9788 (Fax)
Doxpop - Public Records at Your Fingertips.