Subject: FW: Traffic citation message using ECF 4

ECF TC:

DoxPop has identified a couple issues with the Citation case-specific extensions.  The attached XSD is minor patch that addresses the immediate issues but there may be more issues to fix.  At our meeting tomorrow, we should discuss a schedule for releasing a bug-fix version of ECF 4.0.

  Thanks,

Jim Cabral
MTG Management Consultants, L.L.C.
www.mtgmc.com
(206) 442-5010 Phone
(502) 640-4970 Mobile

Helping our clients make a difference in the lives of the people they serve.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

From: Cabral, James E.
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 12:05 PM
To: Jim Sizelove
Cc: Ryan VanMiddlesworth
Subject: RE: Traffic citation message using ECF 4

Jim,

I apologize for the delay getting back to you.  I was traveling yesterday.

Regarding the association between DrivingIncident and Vehicle, I think you have identified a flaw in the schema.  In CitationCase.xsd, the mapping is CitationCase\CitationCaseAugmentation\DrivingIncident\nc:IncidentVehicleAssociation\nc:ConveyanceReference.  We define a VehicleType in CitationCase but we do not include an nc:Conveyance or nc:Vehicle element in CitationCaseAugmentation or define a Vehicle element.  If this works, I will recommend to the TC fixing these in the next maintenance/bugfix release of ECF 4.0 per the attached XSD.

This will also address your second issue.  The correct mapping is Vehicle\nc:VehicleStyleCode.  VehicleStyleCode substitutes for ItemStyleCode which is inhierited in the schema from ItemType.

BTW, to see how content in the UML diagrams maps to schema, please see the ECF-4.0-NIEM2-mapping.xls file in the model directory.

Please let me know if this fixes your issue.  If so, I’ll recommend the changes to the TC.