Subject: FW: [legalxml-courtfiling] 2010 Budget Process

Food for thought: Several groups at OASIS host XML.org Focus Areas that
function as George describes below. See http://dita.xml.org,
http://saml.xml.org, http://ubl.xml.org.

Each site features its own section for news, forums, blogs, product and
services directories, etc. Anyone can register on the site and post info.

The OASIS costs for hosting an XML.org site are around $12K. We usually get
that by having at least two companies agree to sponsor the site for $6K per
year. Sponsors get their logos and links on all pages in the site, so the
visibility is great. Alternatively, the Member Section can fund the XML.org
site out of its budget--or we could do a combination.

I'd be happy to provide more details if you're interested.

Carol

--
Carol Geyer
Senior Director of Communications and Development

OASIS | Advancing open standards for the information society
+1.978.667.5115 x209 (Office) | +1.941.284.0403 (Cell)
http://www.oasis-open.org

Take a Tour of OASIS
http://www.oasis-open.org/home/tour.php