Subject: FW: ECF Schema Related Question

Joe Mierwa noticed a discrepancy in the number of lead documents allowed between the CoreFilingMessage and RecordDocketingMessage.  I think this is worth a discussion for ECF 4.1.

Jim Cabral
MTG Management Consultants, L.L.C.
www.mtgmc.com
(206) 442-5010 Phone
(502) 509-4532 Mobile

Helping our clients make a difference in the lives of the people they serve.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

From: James E Cabral
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2012 12:13 AM
To: 'Joe Mierwa'
Subject: RE: ECF Schema Related Question

Joe,

This question really tests my memory.  Reviewing the ECF 3.x and 4.x schemas, I verified that we have allowed multiple lead and connected documents in CoreFilingMessage all the way back to ECF 3.0.  In ECF 3.x, RecordDocketingMessage allowed for multiple “reviewed” documents without distinguishing lead from connected documents.  In ECF 4.0 and later, however, we changed ReviewDocketingMessage to allow one lead and multiple connected documents.  Why exactly we didn’t allow multiple leads in ECF 4.0, I can’t say for sure.  For now, I think your analysis is correct – you would need to call ReviewDocketingMessage multiple times in the case of a CoreFilingMessage with multiple lead documents.  But I think it is worth discussion with the TC as to whether that makes sense for ECF 4.1 and beyond.