Subject: Issues found while preparing ECF v4.01 CS01

Members of the LegalXML Court Filing TC,

Congratulaions! The ECF v4.01 Committee Specification 01 has been published.

In preparing the CS, we came across some issues in the content. I'm passing them along to you in case you want to fix these before advancing the CS to Candidate OASIS Standard.

* We found 11 broken links in the CS:

In Normative references:

- [Genericode]  A. B. Coates, Code List Representation (Genericode) 1.0, http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/ns/genericode/1.0/, OASIS Committee Specification, December 28, 2007

- [NIEM Techniques]  Techniques for Building and Extending NIEM, http://www.niem.gov/topicIndex.php?topic=techPDF, Georgia Tech Research Institute, August 2007.

In Non-Normative references:

- [Juvenile XML]  S. Rondendell, et. al., Juvenile Justice XML Report, http://www.ijis.org/db/share/public/Library/Publications/juvenile%5fjustice%5fxml%5ffinal%5freport%5f20050630.pdf, IJIS Institute,

- [SOA-RM]  MacKenzie, et al., Reference Model for Service Oriented Architecture 1.0, http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=soa-rm, OASIS Public Review Draft 1.0, February 10, 2006.

- [Traffic IEPD]  Traffic Citation IEPD, http://www.ncsconline.org/d_tech/gjxdm/iepd/citation/Traffic_Citation_08_08_2005.zip, National Center for State Courts, August 8, 2005.

In section 2.4.4

- <CaseOfficialRoleText> - /legalxml-courtfiling/specs/ecf/v4.01/ecf-v4.01-spec/cs01/gc/ECF-4.0-CaseOfficialRoleCode.gc

In section B.3.

- Citation Filing Model - model/uml/html/Violation Filing.png

- Extended Person Information Model - model/uml/html/ExtendedPersonInformation.png

- Review Filing Model - model/uml/html/ReviewFiling.png

In Appendix D.

- CoreFilingMessage (Criminal case type) - xml/ECF-4.0-CoreFilingMessage-Criminal.xml

- MessageReceiptMessage - xml/ECF-4.0-MessageReceiptMessage.xml

* In section 1.3 ECF Version 4.01, the last sentence of the first paragraph is "Relationship to other XML Specifications."
It looks like this was intended to be section 1.4. As currently formatted, it looks like the following sections (e.g. 1.3.1 National Information Exchange Model (NIEM)) are subheads of 1.3 ECF Version 4.01.

* In appendix A5. Known Errata, the link for the TC's webpage points to the restricted Kavi link http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/legalxml-courtfiling/ instead of to its publicly visible version http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/legalxml-courtfiling/. Non-OASIS members will not be able to get to this link.

* The links to NIEM (Related links on the cover page, Normative References) point simply to the niem.gov, not to a specific NIEM document or specification. Is there some more specific location to which readers could be directed?

We hope that you find this useful as you continue to work on the specification. Let me know if you have any questions.

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298