Subject: FW: Minutes/actions coming out of today's SPB ECF Initiative call

ECF TC:

I’m excited to inform the TC that the ECF 4.01 conformance testing project with the Springboard Initiative is moving forward.  Jim Harris and I had a kickoff meeting with Ashwini Jarral, Scott Parker and Scott Serich from the IJIS Institute this morning to draft a Call for Participation.  I’ve attached the minutes form today’s meeting, the draft CFP (please do not distribute yet), and the PMIX conformance package as an example of what will need to be developed for ECF 4.01.

The first task for the TC related to this project is to define the conformance targets.  From the very beginning, we have designed ECF 3.x and 4.x for modularity and “layered interoperability” and this flexibility has served our implementers well.  However,  before Springboard can certify implementations conform with ECF 4.01, we need to be very specific about what conformance means.  In other words, we need to define one or more conformance targets and define the requirements for each target.  For example, we may want to populate a table like this with all of the conformance targets:

#

The ECF 4.01 implementation must support:

Conformance Target A

Conformance Target B

Conformance Target C

Example Minimum Conformance Target

Example Maximum Conformance Target

1

Which MDEs?

Filing Review MDE

All MDEs

2

Which messages?

Required messages

All messages

3

Which case types?

Civil case type

All case types

4

Which code lists?

Only ECF-provided code lists

ECF and implementation-specific code lists

5

Which extensions?

No other extensions

??

5

Which SIPs?

Web Services SIP

All SIPs

6

Which Document Signature Profiles?

Null Signature Profile

All ECF Document Signature Profiles

We will plan to discuss this on our April TC call.  In the interim, please suggest conformance targets you think we should consider.

  Thanks,

Jim Cabral
MTG Management Consultants, L.L.C.
www.mtgmc.com
(206) 442-5010 Phone
(502) 509-4532 Mobile

Helping our clients make a difference in the lives of the people they serve.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.