Subject: Groups - Action Item "ECF 4.01 QA - Binary Coding (O-4)" Closed

Action Item Subject: ECF 4.01 QA - Binary Coding (O-4)
Item Number: #0052

Description
O-4, binary coding. There seems to be a suggestion to use base64 and no binary encoding across all SIPs. This can create overhead in SIPs that don?t need it. Perhaps a formal response on this document is needed.

Owner: Mr. James Cabral
Due Date: 10 Jan 2014

Comments
Mr. James Cabral 2014-03-10 21:52 UTC
Support for encoding and embedding binary information will be deprecated and, in future versions, removed from the core specification and left for the SIPs to define. In the WS SIP, we will continue to support MTOM encoding. In a non-SOAP SIPs, (e.g. MQ SIP) we need to define another method.

Referenced Items
ECF_Springboard_Quality_Assurance_Review_v.1.0.1.docx (118K) 2013-12-10 Download | View Details