Subject: Re: [legalxml-courtfiling] Groups - Action Item "ECF 5.0 - Develop use cases for evidence tracking" added

Tony,

The question was raised Tuesday whether ECF is appropriate for submitting electronic evidence like audio/video recordings of depositions but network forensics might be another application.  I don’t think we are talking about physical evidence.  Before we can have any sort of discussion, we’ll need use cases to consider.

__
Jim Cabral
502 509-4532

From: tony@yaanatech.com
Sent: ‎Thursday‎, ‎February‎ ‎12‎, ‎2015 ‎10‎:‎42‎ ‎AM
To: James E Cabral, legalxml-courtfiling@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Jim,

Is this as in chain of custody?  Any additional description
or scope?  Physical evidence?  Network forensics?

Noting today's mobile tech news, one could make
a quip that there's an app for that.
http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/11/instants-new-android-app-lets-you-track-just-about-anything/

Not to be entirely humorous, one can easily
image that evidence will be tracked using
tagged smartphone images uploaded to a
law enforcement data center.

--tony